Brother DR-240 Drum Reset Procedure
After replacing a Brother drum unit you have to manually reset the page counter. The following steps are the procedure to perform the counter reset.
HL-3040CN, HL-3045CN, HL-3070CW & HL-3075CW
- Press + or – to choose “Machine Info.“.
- Press OK to proceed to the next menu level, and then press + or – to choose “Reset Parts Life“.
- Press OK, and then press + to choose “Drum Unit“.
- Press OK, and then press + or – to choose the colour that you replaced.
- Press OK two times.
If you’ve replaced more than one colour you will need to repeat the last two steps for the other colours.
MFC-9010CN, MFC-9120CN & MFC-9320CW
Replace the new drum unit and toner cartridge into the printer.
Keep the front cover open and the power on.
- For MFC-9010CN - Press Menu, 5, 6.
- For MFC-9120CN - Press Menu, 6, 4.
- For MFC-9320CW - Press Menu, 8, 4.
- Press the up or down arrow to choose the color of the drum you replaced.
- Press Ok.
- Press 1 to reset the drum counter.
- Press Stop/Exit.
- The display will show Accepted.
- Close the front cover.
The colour drum unit you chose is now reset.
If you’ve replaced more than one drum unit you will need to repeat the process for each colours.